Admission Process at a Glance
The admission to B.Sc. Ag. (Hons.) is made through Joint Entrance Test (JET) conducted by the University (or otherwise as mentioned under academic programme). Admission on payment seats in U.G. programmes will be through merit of JET Examination after completion of admission on regular seats.
- Admission to various academic programmes including bachelor's, master's and doctoral are done on merit/rank obtained by the candidates in respective competitive exams conducted by MPUAT or other suitable bodies.
- Normally, the academic session is from July to June having two semesters.
- Students whose cases of unfair means in the examinations are pending with the university can be admitted provisionally till his/her case is decided favourably. But if decided unfavourably i.e. the result committee imposes the penalty of canceling the present examination, the provisional admission will stand cancelled/li>
- No student shall be entitled to join more than one programme of study concurrently.
- New admissions at the entrance level of any programme are done at the beginning of each academic session except Ph.D. in Agriculture and fisheries.
- Admission cannot be claimed by any candidate as a matter of right.
- The university may refuse admission to any candidate without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Applicant who suppresses or give wrong information/facts or put forge signature of their parents in the application form or attach false certificate will have to forfeit their admission in addition to any other punishment, which may be awarded to him.
- Failures from other institutions shall not be allowed transfer.
- Physically handicapped candidates who apply under reserved quota shall be considered for the category only if they are eligible for admission in same quota.
- The admission of the student who is placed on waiting and /or is nominated by any agency will be done on the promise that the student will be able to complete 75% of the attendance requirement otherwise the admission will be denied, no backlog will be carried out to the next examination and the student will have to pass the entrance test afresh to be eligible for the admission.
- All the admissions will be closed in the University 15 days prior to midterm Examination.
- No candidate against whom an FIR has been lodged shall be eligible for admission as a regular candidate in the college.
- Any person, who has been convicted of a criminal offence or has been released on bail in connection with criminal offence and against whom the case is pending in a court of law, shall not be eligible for admission as a regular student in the College.
- Any candidate who has indulged in misbehavior with any teacher or with any authority of the university shall be debarred from seeking admission.
- All the candidates selected for admission to various programmes including the self-financing programmes of MPUAT will be required to complete all the formalities for the admission including the payment of the required fees as and when they are allotted the seat during the counseling.
- ICAR listed students are also given admission.
- Registration for all the selected candidates will be done in their respective colleges as per academic calendar.
- Candidates coming for counseling/interview should come prepared with the required fee as per the requirement of respective college.
- The Prospectus with application form for admission to different programmes can be obtained from notified office on payment of prescribed fee.
- The application received incomplete in any respect will not be considered.
- The admitted students will have to submit the original certificate / documents for verification on their joining the Institutions.
- Candidates if called for an interview will have to bear their own expenses.
- Admission of in-service candidate of this university will be done according to the existing rules available in the office